By Penelope Loves Lists Founder and Creative Director Meredith Monday Schwartz
- The entire house must be clean before you leave for a trip. This includes floors and counters. You simply do NOT want to come home to a dirty house. And if someone tries to rush you out of the house before you finish, the car ride to the airport will be…um…frosty.
- You’ll need at least 30 minutes in the Container Store with no one talking to you. You’re thinking, damn it.
- You have strong feelings about where things go in the refrigerator. And the dishwasher. And in the laundry area.
- You’re fairly sure that, if Congress were filled with Penelopes, we could actually accomplish something. Certainly there would be a larger budget for litter collection nationwide.
- You spend the entire time you have company over thinking about how much you want to clean up your house. And you do your best to hide that thought.
- Kids in pajamas in Target at 2pm in the afternoon? Uh uh. No.
- You could be sitting in your attorney’s office, contemplating life in prison and you’d still be distracted by the crooked frame on the wall behind him.
And you know what? These things don’t make you crazy or neurotic. They make you unstoppable.