I bet the Penelope moms out there have already figured this out, but for everyone else, I’m going to bestow upon you a miracle-cleaning tool. Something so versatile and affordable that I. Can. Not. Believe. I didn’t know about its magical cleaning powers before
No, it’s not the Magic Eraser (though I love me some Magic Eraser).
Ready for it?
Baby Wipes. BOOM.
The unscented, unfussy, cheap kind do the trick just perfectly. I use them for everything from cleaning spots off the carpet, to wiping my dog’s paws, to using them on my T-zone on days when I’m looking particularly shiny. They’re seriously the MacGyver of wipes. And they’re so dang handy and accessible in those little pop-top wipe caddies.
Here are some unconventional ways I use baby wipes on the regular:
- As mentioned earlier, they are the BEST spot cleaners around. Have a spot on the carpet, on your upholstery, or on your clothes? Take a baby wipe to that spot and it’s gone like magic.
- I use them on household surfaces, countertops, and tabletops, instead of Clorox Wipes to keep things non-chemically clean.
- I use them to clean my dog’s paws after a jaunt outside, and also to wipe off his face.
- Heck, I even use baby wipes to clean the mud off the bottom of my shoes. They get my sneaker bottoms nice and white. The nanny pointed at my 4-year-old Nikes the other day and asked if I’d bought new sneakers. #winning
- They’re great for cleaning the surfaces, steering wheel and upholstery inside the car. They really came in handy this past weekend when my toddler shook and spilt the contents of his sippy cup all over the backseat.
- They’re even great for technology. I use them to clean my white Mac keyboard and mouse, and to wipe sticky baby fingerprints off the screen of my iPhone.
They also have eco-friendly options for wipes that are 100% biodegradable.
It’s a mama’s best-kept cleaning secret. I’m telling you — these little suckers clean everything. And now, I’m a baby wipe believer. I’ll no doubt be using this little trick long past the little guy is out of diapers.