Here’s your assignment:
- Grab a large box or garbage bag.
- Set your timer and take just 10 minutes to go around your house (especially the kids’ rooms, but don’t forget your closet, too) and
- Quickly grab up some of the toys/books/clothes that you know are not being used at this point.
- Now go put that bag/box in your car and make sure the next time you go out you drop it by your nearest Goodwill or other donation center.
- We’re less than 3 weeks away from Christmas at this point. And you’ve got countless lists of things to do and buy and see and accomplish. Your lists have lists, for heaven’s sake. This short little project is going to make you feel just a little bit more in control. WE NEED THAT.
- You need to clear out some room for the upcoming onslaught of new toys/books/clothes that Christmas will bring. (And aren’t we lucky?)
- There is a huge need for gently-used items just like these at this time of year.
What I don’t want you to do is turn this into a big chore or a large reorganizing project.
We’ve no time for that at this time of year. That’s why it’s key you set your timer and limit yourself to just 10 minutes. If you’re moving quickly, you can get a lot done in 10 minutes.
Do yourself, your home, your sanity, and others some good and take on this quick assignment.
You’ll thank me later, I promise. Now I’m off to do this myself.