Welcome to another edition of our weekly series called “If You Only Do One Thing”.
This is designed to be a task that will take roughly 10 minutes and can be done with materials you have at home.
We want this to be something quick to do, but which will give you a little feeling of accomplishment all week long.
If you only do one thing: declutter your winter coats and jackets.
The weather is turning chilly and it’s time to start thinking about our winter coats. Time to do a quick analysis of what we’ve got and what we need.
Here’s what to do:
- Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- Go through your coats and jackets one by one. Actually take them off the hanger and look at them, try them on to refresh your memory. Be quick, don’t prance around taking selfies. Later, my cute friend.
- If you didn’t wear any of them ALL of last season, I’m going to recommend you donate it. If any of them are suuuuuuuuper cute, but fit just a little too snugly and so, never get worn, ditch it. If any are out of style or not useful for you life right now, out it goes. Be brutal, clutter weighs us down.
- Take that pile, put it in a large sack or container of some kind and put it in the back of your car.
- Make yourself a note to remind yourself that, the next time you leave the house, you need to drive that bag by the nearest donation center.
- Make a note of any jacket type you need for this season and make sure you get it before you need it. Who doesn’t love a bit of shopping?
Done early? Do the same thing for your kids.
Good job, boss lady. Now cross that chore off your list with a flourish!