One of the best parts of writing Penelope Loves Lists is sharing our favorite websites. I know it’s a little old school, loving a website, rather than an Instagram feed or Tumblr page. (I honestly don’t even know what a Tumblr page is – I’m just trying to sound fancy.)
But, no matter how old school it may be, we think certain kinds of sites will especially appeal to the Penelope Personality. And since we’re devoted to you heart and soul, we’re bringing you this series.
The Modern Mrs. Darcy site is pretty much the perfect website.
It’s written by a capable, funny woman (Anne Bogel, she’s a clever cookie and definitely a Penelope), it centers all things books and reading, but it’s broad enough to also regularly touch on topics near and dear to the Penelope heart (time management, organizing, etc). All in a smart, organized absolutely perfect sort of way.
- Started in: 2012
- Author: Anne Bogel
- What is it: Anne’s timely spin on timeless women’s issues. Mrs. Darcy has evolved – a lot!
- Our favorite thing about the site: Anne writes about a broad range of topics, from daily routines to time management to best books to read this summer. And yet the site feels very focused and coherent. Whatever she writes about next, I know I’m going to be interested. And you will be, too.
- Favorite recurring feature: My hands-down favorite feature on the site are her Book Lists. She has a TON on the site so any time you need a good book, you know you can find something. And she breaks them down into really interesting lists: 11 Books That Are Better Read in Spring and 5 Books That Make Me Feel Like I’m Not Crazy are good examples. She’s also got plenty of big, huge “best of” book lists. I love those.
- Every Penelope will want to read this: Her posts on time management. Practical perfection.
- Post that will make you want to scurry toward Netflix: Everything I Need to Know about Planning My Life I Learned from ‘The September Issue’
- The best excuse to buy a some new colored pens we’ve seen in a long time: Mind Maps: What They Are and How to Use Them
- A word of caution: if you are a reader, this website is going to put a hurtin’ on your Amazon Wish List. Her recommendations are so good, it’s hard not to load up your “to be read” list.
- Best way to follow: Instagram Her feed is so pretty and clear and bookish.
- Best way to get your weekly fix of Anne: her podcast. As I’ve written, it’s one of my absolute faves. It’s a must listen. (In a total dream moment, I got to appear as a guest on What Should I Read Next. You can listen here.)
Do you already love Modern Mrs. Darcy? What are your regular, webular destinations? Let us know and we’ll share!