One of the best parts of writing Penelope Loves Lists is sharing our favorite websites. I know it’s a little old school, loving a website, rather than an Instagram feed or Tumblr page. (I honestly don’t even know what a Tumblr page is – I’m just trying to sound fancy.)
But, no matter how old school it may be, we think certain kinds of sites will especially appeal to the Penelope Personality. And since we’re devoted to you heart and soul, we’re bringing you this series.
Clean Mama is both inspirational and practical. It’s the perfect combination of both and is one of our very favorite organizing websites. The website’s founder, Becky, shows you how beautiful a clean home is and tells you, in easy, actionable specifics, HOW to have one.
- Started in: 2009
- What is it: The ultimate guide for homekeeping and super-organized cleaning routines.
- Author: Becky Rapinchuk, AKA the “Clean Mama”
- Our favorite thing about the site: the clear, executable routines for keeping your home as clean as it can be.
- Favorite recurring feature: Her free monthly cleaning calendars, which keep my home clean without me ever having to think about what needs to be done on which day. Just puts it all on auto-pilot.
- Every Penelope will want to read this series: 31 Days to a Clean House
- Post that will make you want to buy a basket right this second: Quick Tip: On Your Way Up Basket
- The best excuse to buy a pretty binder we’ve seen in forever: The Everyday Complete Kit at the Clean Mama Store
- A word of caution: this site is absolutely focused on having an organized and clean home. And I believe, especially with Becky’s tools, it can be done. But don’t let yourself get caught up on the thought that you have to do it all today. Or that your house will every be perfectly, OCD clean. I’ll bet you that Becky herself will say that’s an impossible standard to reach and a foolish one to strive for.
- Best way to follow: Instagram Her feed is so actionable! It’s one of my favorites.
Here are some examples of our favorite posts on Clean Mama. You’ll see she covers (thoroughly!) everything from organizing to helping your kids learn to participate in keeping a tidy home to cleaning routines.
Man, I just love what Becky does and how well she does it.
Do you already love Clean Mama? What are your regular, webular destinations? Let us know and we’ll share!