Welcome to our weekly series called “If You Only Do One Thing”.
This is designed to be a task that will take roughly 10 minutes and can be done with materials you have at home.
We want this to be something quick to do, but which will give you a little feeling of accomplishment all week long.
If you only do one thing: run lemon and ice through your garbage disposal.
This task will NOT take 10 minutes. It’ll take, like, one.
In order to keep our garbage disposal smelling fresh and its blades sharp, we need to do a small bit of maintenance each week.
- Slice one lemon into 4 pieces.
- Put that down the drain and let the disposal run for 15 seconds with the water on.
- Now grab a huge handful of ice (I fill a drinking cup.).
- Put that down the drain and let the disposal run for 15 seconds with the water on. This keeps the blades sharp.
- Do this weekly. I try to do it as I close down my kitchen on Friday nights.
(You now have 9 minutes to scroll Instagram. You’re welcome.)