Alright, Penelopes. We are going to make MINCEMEAT of our day today with these time management strategies. We are going to eat frigging Monday for breakfast.
As we lay our pretty little heads on our pillows tonight, we are going to sigh happily. Why? Because we have more on our “Done” list than on our “To Do” list.
Please note that this plan applies to the Penelopes who work so hard at home with their kiddos and to those of us who work outside the home. (Or, in our home, but with outside work. You know what I mean.)
Here’s how we roll:
- I want you to walk or work out for at least 10 minutes before you begin your work day. Get your juices flowing. This is a must.
- Make a plan. Put just 3 items on your To Do list and no more.
- Choose your “pump up” theme song. Listen to the Rocky theme song or Danielle LaPorte’s credo or whatever really makes you feel like you’re starring in your own music video. My own theme song? “One Girl Revolution” by SuperChick.
- Simply insist on starting with the most important work. See item #2. Do NOT let anything get in way of your Three Things.
- Be tyrannical about keeping your calendar sacred. For example, if I schedule a morning to work on a project I don’t let anything else get in the way of that. If I do, then my entire schedule is a slippery slope and I’m no longer in charge of my own day. And I don’t like not being in charge.
- During the day, the Distraction Monster will rear his ugly head. Banish that distraction by re-reading your To Do List for today. Do not let distractions get in your way. Want even more info on how I handle my daily to do list? Read about it here.
I’ll just bet you that, if you follow this plan, you will end your day with a major feeling of accomplishment. Did you get every single task in your life done today? No. That’s NEVER gonna happen. But you got your Top Three Things done, right?
Now go have some ice cream. You deserve it.
PS: Are you following me on Facebook? I’m so much more apt to post there daily. Join the neurotic party!
A Penelope Classic post, still totally kicking ass, no matter what day it is.