One of my most favorite things in the world is my company full of 18 women. And most of my colleagues have been with me for years and years. We have damn near a 100% retention rate, even when people move across country. This makes me so happy.
But sometimes, a teammate needs to stretch her wings in a new way.
One example of this is my friend (and former colleague) Julia Snippen. She is brilliant. And funny and has such good taste. And I wish I still got to see her every day.
But, I was SO excited when she called to tell me that she’d taken on a position at another Berkeley, CA company called Flip & Tumble. I could hear the excitement in her voice. This job is perfect for her. She uses all her marketing smarts, while also working for an eco-conscious, customer-focused company. That’s her ideal fit.
I immediately zoomed over to the Flip + Tumble website and fell in love with their products, too. And after speaking to their CEO and finding out she and I shared really similar values in running our companies, I was sold.
Their products are eco-conscious, yes. But they are also eminently practical and usable. Julia sent me several things (mostly because I was fangirling) and I have gotten to use them in my every day life. They live up to the hype!
The showstopper, for me, is their Canvas Purse. I got mine in, of course, Penelope blue (which they call “teal”, but, whatever.)
I started using this purse from day one and I haven’t looked back.
Why do I love it?
- It’s the perfect size for me. Not too huge, but big enough for me to have what I need for a day out with my 5-year-old.
- It has several pockets, enabling me to organize my stuff in a very precise way.
- It has a little pocket on the outside rear of the purse that is the perfect size for my keys and iPhone. I have never had such convenient access to those items in any bag I’ve owned. And, because it’s in the back, rather than the front, it’s more secure.
- The color is really incredible. I get a compliment on it every time I go out with it.
- It fits my Swell water bottle, keeping ice-cold water close at hand.
I could rave about this bag all day.
Here are several more of their products that I love. All made of earth-friendly materials and made in a low-carbon-footprint way.
I totally encourage you to check out their Shop. So many cute things for Christmas and for holiday party hostess gifts over there.
And good news! Flip & Tumble is offering Penelopes a 15% discount. Just use coupon code PENELOPE.
(Note this coupon code is available through November 1, 2016 and is limited one per customer.)